Make sure that you have your Bluetooth enabled so that rides can get started quickly and without issue.
Select markets will offer the ability to start a scooter ride with one tap on the app. At this time we do not offer a one-tap start on bikes.
To start a ride:
- Locate a Lime vehicle on the map in the app or on the street.
- If you’ve located a vehicle on the map, tap “Reserve” to hold it for you while you walk to it
- If one-tap ride start is available, you’ll see a “Start Ride” option on the screen when you get close to your vehicle
- If you don’t see the “Start Ride” option, you can tap the “Scan to Start” button and scan the QR code on the reserved vehicle to start your ride.
Note: In some cities, our scooters require a cable lock. Please refer to How do I use a vehicle that has a cable lock? for details on how to unlock and lock these types of scooters.
If you have any issues starting your ride, the following troubleshooting options may help.
- QR Code is damaged/unreadable: You can enter the plate number from the vehicle on the app to start your ride.
- QR Code can’t be read but is not damaged: Tap the flashlight icon on the QR scan screen before attempting to scan the QR code
- The plate number is damaged/unreadable: Please find an alternate vehicle while we fix the issue on this one
- The app shows an error:
- If the error is because of a vehicle issue, our team is aware of it and they are on the way to retrieve it. Please try again with a different nearby vehicle.
- If the error is due to a missing payment method, insufficient balance, or a pre-authorization failure, add or update your payment method. Once you have updated your information, try again.