Some of our vehicles may come with a cable lock. Riders must use this lock to secure the vehicle to a bike rack to successfully end their ride.
You must end your ride in a proper location and lock your vehicle to a bike rack. You may get fined for not securely locking the vehicle.
If the cable lock is broken, please report through the in-app help or by contacting customer support.
Before you start your ride
To unlock a vehicle, please follow the steps below:
- Enable your phone’s Bluetooth. Make sure the Lime app has permission to use Bluetooth in your phone settings.
- Scan the QR code on the handlebar.
- Keep your phone open to ensure it connects with the lock via Bluetooth. Wait for the unlocking instruction screen to appear.
- Tap once on the physical lock’s button and wait for the light to turn blue.
- The cable pin next to the button will pop out. Pull the cable free, remove the vehicle from the bike rack, and start your ride!
Note: If the cable pin doesn’t pop out, the cable might be stretched too tight. Move the vehicle closer to the bike rack to ease tension on the cable. Don’t pull on the cable until the lock button light is blue and the pin pops out.
After your ride
- End the ride in the app by tapping the “Lock” button followed by the “End Ride” button.
- Wrap the cable around a bike rack and insert the pin into the lock.
- City regulations require you to:
- Lock the vehicle upright and parallel to a bike rack.
- Leave space for other riders on the rack.
- Not lock the vehicle to other vehicles.
- Take a photo clearly showing you have secured the vehicle to a bike rack.
- Billing stops as soon as you have confirmed you have completed all these steps.