Once you’ve scanned the vehicle’s QR code in the Lime app, follow these steps to ride a Lime e-scooter or e-bike.
Before you ride
- For safety, wear a helmet when you ride a Lime e-scooter or e-bike.
- Release the kickstand by holding onto the handles and using your foot to pull the kickstand up and back.
- Check the brakes by holding the brake levers down while you push the e-scooter or e-bike forward and backward. It shouldn’t move in either direction.
- For e-scooters, check the throttle by pushing it forward. It should spring back once you release it.
Familiarize yourself with Ride Zones on the map. These may limit where you can travel, your vehicle speed, and where you can park. Refer to this article for more information on Ride Zones.
How to ride Lime e-scooters
- Place your front foot firmly on the baseboard of the e-scooter.
- Use your back foot to push off from the ground to get the e-scooter moving.
- Once in motion, slowly press down on the throttle to begin accelerating.
- Gently squeeze the brake levers to slow down or come to a stop.
- Use your foot to put the kickstand down to park the e-scooter.
In some cities, you can limit the top speed of your e-scooter via the app to learn at a comfortable pace. This option will be displayed during your trip.
How to ride Lime e-bikes
- Pull the seat lever to adjust seat height. Raise or lower the seat to the top of your hip bone.
- Close the lever to lock the seat into position.
- Start pedaling, and the electric motor will engage.
For safety, Lime e-scooters and e-bikes only allow one rider per vehicle. Lime prohibits the use of its vehicles while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Learn more about Lime’s User Agreement and Safety Guidelines