Our scooters may come with a cable lock. Riders must use this lock to secure the scooter to a bike rack in order to end their ride.
Before you start
To unlock a scooter, please follow the steps below:
- Enable your phone’s Bluetooth and make sure that the Lime app has permission to use Bluetooth in your phone settings.
- Scan the QR code on the handlebar.
- Keep your phone open to ensure that it connects with the lock via Bluetooth. Wait for the unlocking instruction screen to appear.
- Tap once on the physical lock’s button and wait for the light to turn blue.
- The cable pin next to the button will pop out. Pull the cable free, remove the vehicle from the bike rack and start your ride.
If the cable pin doesn’t pop out, the cable might be stretched too tightly. Move the scooter close to the bike rack to ease tension on the cable. Don’t pull on the cable until the lock button light is blue and the pin pops out.
After your ride
- End the ride in the app by tapping the ‘Lock’ button, followed by the ‘End ride’ button.
- Wrap the cable around a bike rack and insert the pin into the lock.
City regulations require you to:
- Lock your scooter upright and parallel to a bike rack.
- Leave space for other riders on the rack.
- Not lock the scooter to other vehicles.
- Take a photo clearly showing that you have secured the scooter to a bike rack.
- Billing stops as soon as you have confirmed that you have completed all these steps.
Please make sure that you end your ride in the correct area and lock your scooter to a bike rack. You may be fined for not locking the scooter securely.