By taking part in a battery swap, you agree to the following additional terms, as may be amended (the “Additional Terms”), in addition to the terms of the User Agreement and the privacy notice, the terms and conditions of which are expressly incorporated by this reference:
- This scooter is either a swap-eligible scooter at the start of your journey, or you have been prompted to take part in a battery swap during your ride because your vehicle has become swap-eligible. Only certain vehicles are swap-eligible.
- Whether a scooter is swap-eligible and whether a rider is able to take part in a battery swap shall be entirely at Lime’s discretion. Not all Users will be eligible to take part in a battery swap. The ability to battery swap may be changed or removed at any time in Lime’s sole discretion, for any reason, and with no obligation on Lime to disclose the reason.
- A battery swap can only be carried out as part of a trip.
- If you agree to participate in a battery swap then you must comply with all instructions provided by Lime within the App and any instructions provided by an authorised member of staff at a swap location. You must at all times handle batteries extremely carefully.
- If you agree to a battery swap then you take responsibility for ensuring that you comply with all instructions provided by or on behalf of Lime to ensure that you execute the swap in a safe manner. Lime will not be responsible for (without limitation) any consequences resulting from any failure to act with required care or comply with all instructions, all of which consequences will be borne solely by the User.
- Whilst you are carrying out the battery swap your ride will be paused and you will not be charged any fees. Charging of fees will resume when you resume your ride after completing the swap.
- If you begin your battery swap and have any difficulties completing the swap, you must follow the instructions in the App to either complete or safely abandon your swap.
- Once you have completed the battery swap you must wait for the ‘swap complete’ message before you resume your trip. Failure to do so may cause problems to the scooter and may result in your account being suspended from battery swapping and/or riding.
- For the duration of your battery swap, you may temporarily pause your ride outside the swap location solely for the purpose of swapping the battery.
- Subject to point 10 of these Additional Terms, accepting a battery swap does not relieve you of any of your obligations to comply with the User Agreement, and any other instructions provided by Lime in the App, on the scooter or otherwise, including, but not limited to, traffic regulations, "rules of the road" and your parking obligations. While using the scooter and/or carrying out the battery swap, you must take due care and give consideration for the premises on which the battery swap station is located and for others using said premises.
- If you damage a battery or if Lime reasonably determines that a battery is lost or stolen during your trip, you will be responsible for the associated costs. The replacement cost of a battery is $180. If you cause damage to a charging station, you will be responsible for the cost for repair or replacement, which can be up to $900. In addition, theft is a crime and you may be subject to criminal prosecution if you steal Lime’s property. The above-detailed in this point 12 is without prejudice to, and does not exhaust or derogate from any of Lime's rights, arguments or claims.
- User is not a joint venturer with, or franchisee, partner, agent, or employee of Lime and understands that the User's taking-part in the battery swap, thereby undertaking these Additional Terms, is predicated on the agreement and understanding that none of the above-mentioned relationships are created.
- In the event of any conflict between these Additional Terms and the User Agreement, these Additional Terms shall take precedence.
Article is closed for comments.