Serving Limes is the final step a Juicer needs to take before getting paid. This means going back into the community and placing these Limes in areas citizens would want to use them. Limes must be served according to BLT standards in order to get full payout. BLT stands for Battery, Location, and Timing. Failure to serve Limes according to BLT standards may revoke your Juicer status.
- BATTERY: The app specifies the battery levels of each scooter. Scooters must have at least 95% battery when served in order to receive full payout.
- LOCATION: The app specifies all the locations that scooters can be served at. To figure out where you can serve scooters, go into the Juicer mode of your Lime app and click on the Serve toggle in the top off the app. Click into the green icons to see where the LimeHubs (places you can serve Limes) are. You can see what the LimeHub looks like, reserve the LimeHub to serve scooters to it, and navigate to that LimeHub all using the app.
Once you arrive at that LimeHub, click on the Serve button at the bottom of the app and use the QR scanner to successfully lock and serve that Lime. You will be prompted to take a photo of your serve to verify it was served correctly.
- TIMING: The app specifies the time that each scooter needs to be served by. You can go into the My Limes tab in the Juicer Mode of the app to see a list of all the Limes you have harvested and the required time they need to be served by.
Following BLT and serving at a LimeHub by 7 am with 95% battery level as shown in the app is a PERFECT SERVE.
FIND A LIMEHUB
Make sure you are in the SERVE mode of the app by clicking on the SERVE tab in the top center part of the Juicer Map. Locate the LimeHubs by scrolling through the map and identifying green icons containing a number which correspond to the amount of spots available for scooters to be served. LimeHubs show in the Serve map only when there is at least one spot available for the scooter to be left there.
RESERVE A LIMEHUB
Click on the LimeHub where you wish to serve your scooters and then click on the RESERVE option, which will keep it reserved for 30 minutes. Only one LimeHub can be reserved at a time. To unreserve the LimeHub, simply click on the LimeHub and then click on the UNRESERVE option.
LIMEHUB LOCATION CHANGED
Please note that LimeHub locations are subject to change. Our team of local specialists is constantly working to optimize the LimeHub locations to increase ridership and efficiency. Always rely on the app to verify that you are serving at a LimeHub.
LIMEHUBS APPEARING AND DISAPPEARING
We are constantly trying to optimize the Rider experience. This means that the location of LimeHubs may dynamically change on the map depending on the scooter demand. Always refer to the map on your Lime App and refresh.
SERVE BEST PRACTICES
The best Juicers do the following:
- Always remember BLT
- Use the Lime app as your source of truth for BLT
- Serve at LimeHubs or place Limes in groups AT LEAST two
- Don’t Serve Limes on the sidewalk or on the street
- Ideally put scooters in groups of two invisible places so people don’t trip over them
- Place handlebars twisted to the left
- Place scooters at least 8-12 inches apart
The best Lime Serve photos look like this:
Limes SHOULD NOT be served like this:
**NOTE: If you get an error message when Serving, please take a screenshot of the error message, record the scooter plate #, and submit a request at Help > Submit Request.