Most charge tasks get generated at 9pm or 10pm each night. But scooters that reach a critically low battery will also generate tasks during the day. Check your Juicer App at different times of day to figure the time of day in your market with the highest volume of tasks.
You have until the time prescribed in your app to drop off a completed charge task at a Limehub.
You get full payout for Charging Limes that reach 95% battery or more.
To complete a Charging task:
- Identify Scooters with a charge task (green) via the Juicer App Pick-Up screen
- Reserve the scooter (or go directly to it, if nearby in the field)
- Scan and Retrieve scooter
- Take the scooter to your Charge Station Location
- Inspect scooter for any necessary repairs
- Charge scooter above 95% Battery Threshold. Red means charging, Green means charged.
- Plug the scooter chargers into the wall. If charging a lot of scooters, consult an electrician on the proper electrical capacity for your charging area to stay safe.
- Plug the charging cord into the scooter on the stem of the scooter. When the battery is fully charged, the light on the power supply should switch from red to green.
- Always rely on the battery level indicated in the app under the My Limes tab to see when the scooter has reached 95% charge.
- If the battery levels between the scooter and the app are inconsistent:
- Ensure you have connectivity
- Getting closer to the Limes
- Review Lime App for Drop-Off Location
- Reserve Limehub
- Drop-off Scooter in designated Limehub. Scan the scooter’s QR code, take a picture and upload the picture of the deployment.
- If you see a solid green light when plugged in, this indicates an issue with the scooter. Please mark it as broken.
- If you see an alternating green/red light on the power supply, unplug the power supply from the electrical port and from the scooter immediately. The power supply is broken and needs to get replaced.
- If there is no light, your power supply is probably broken - please submit a ticket through the Help Center.
How to get a charger:
You can buy chargers through Amazon or through our official Shopify store in some markets. If Shopify is an option, you will see the buy option by going to Your progress -> Order more supplies. Many social media groups (Juicer groups in your local market) and digital marketplaces will post chargers for sale as well. Get a 2 or 3 Amp charger, depending on the model of the scooter in your market.
- The App is the Source of Truth. Rely on the battery levels indicated in the app to verify if your scooter charged to 95%. Sometimes, the scooter LED displays don’t update to reflect the correct charging percentage. This could be due to connectivity issues or the scooters don’t have a display.
- Don't Over-Juice. Don't overload electrical sockets with power supplies. Always consult an electrician and make sure safety is first!
- Keep Cool. Keep Limes and power supplies in a cool place and space them out from each other to encourage ventilation and prevent overheating.
- In cold weather, bring scooters into a space that is above freezing for 30 minutes before charging. Scooters below freezing will not accept a charge