CHARGE TASK OVERVIEW
You have until the time prescribed in your app to drop off a completed charge task at a Limehub:
- Charge Task Battery Levels
- Pick-Up: Varies by market, time, and day (Critically Low)
- Drop Off: Above 95% (Charged)
- Identify Scooters with a charge task (green) via the Juicer App Pick-Up screen
- Reserve the scooter (or go directly to it, if nearby in the field)
- Scan and Retrieve scooter
- Take the scooter to your Charge Station Location
- Inspect scooter for any necessary repairs
- Charge scooter above 95% Battery Threshold
- Review Lime App for Drop-Off Location
- Reserve Limehub
- Drop-off Scooter in Designated Limehub, Scan Scooter, and take and upload a picture of the deployment
WHEN TO CHARGE
Most charge tasks are generated at 9pm or 10pm each night, but scooters that reach a critically low battery will also generate tasks during the day. Check your Juicer App at different times of day to figure the time of day in your market with the highest volume of tasks.
You can purchase scooter chargers through Amazon or through our official Shopify store which you can find in the app by going to Your progress -> Order more supplies.
Many social media groups (Juicer groups in your local market) and digital marketplaces will post chargers for sale, too. Get a 2 or 3 Amp charger, depending on the model of scooter in your market.
Plug the scooter chargers into the wall. If charging a lot of scooters at once, be sure to consult an electrician on the proper electrical capacity for your charging area, to stay safe and avoid hazards.
Plug the charging cord into the Lime-S scooter on the stem of the scooter. When the power supply is plugged into the scooter correctly and the battery is fully charged 100%, the light on the power supply should switch from Red to Green.
RED means charging, GREEN means Charged.
CHECK BATTERY LEVEL
You get full payout for Charging Limes that reach 95% battery or more. ALWAYS rely on the battery level indicated in the app under the My Limes tab (not the battery level indicated on the LED display of some scooters) to determine when the scooter has reached at least 95% charge. If the battery levels between the scooter and the app are inconsistent, try:
- Ensuring you have connectivity
- Getting closer to the Limes
**NOTE: If you see a GREEN light when plugged in, this indicates an issue with the scooter. Please mark it as broken. If you see an ALTERNATING GREEN/RED light on the power supply, unplug the power supply from the electrical port and from the scooter immediately. The power supply is BROKEN and needs to be replaced. If there is NO LIGHT, your power supply is probably broken - please submit a ticket through the Help Center.
JUICER BEST PRACTICES
- The App is the Source of Truth: Please rely on the battery levels indicated in the app to verify if your scooter was charged to 95%. Sometimes, the scooter LED displays don’t update to reflect the correct charging percentage due to connectivity issues OR the scooters don’t have a display in which case the app is your best bet.
- Don't Over-Juice: Do not overload electrical sockets with power supplies, always consult an electrician and make sure safety is first!
- Keep Cool: Keep Limes and power supplies in a reasonably cool place and space them out from each other to encourage ventilation and prevent overheating of the Limes and power supplies
- In Cold Weather: Bring scooters into an environment that is above freezing for 30 minutes before charging. Scooters below freezing will not accept a charge