A Ride Pass offers a combination of benefits at a flat rate. The benefits may include:
- Vehicle unlocks,
- Riding time, and/or
- Vehicle reservations
There are two types of Ride Passes:
- Day Pass: unlimited unlocks, rides, and reservations over a 24-hour period. Included riding time is capped at 30 minutes per ride. In some cities, the included riding time may be up to 45 minutes per ride. Reservations last for 30 minutes. You will see the terms of the Day Pass prior to purchasing.
- Unlimited Monthly Pass: unlimited unlocks, rides and reservations over a monthly period. Some passes are one-time purchases good for 30 days; others are subscriptions that renew each month. Included riding time is capped at 45 minutes per ride. Reservations last for 30 minutes.
Ride Pass terms:
- Rides that last beyond the included time per ride are charged the normal rate.
- Ride Passes cover Lime scooters and bikes. Mopeds are not covered.
- Ride Passes cover rides that start after the pass purchase. Rides that start before purchase may not be covered.
- Group Rides: the host’s ride is covered by the pass. Guest rides are not covered.
- Valid area: Day Passes are good in the city of purchase. Unlimited Monthly passes are good across the country of purchase (where Lime operates).
To see what Ride Pass options are available to you:
- Open the app
- Click Ride Passes on the side menu
- Review the options and related terms and conditions
- Follow the in-app prompts to buy the pass you want
The pass will be activated at the time of purchase.
The cost and benefits of ride passes vary on a market by market basis and can be viewed in the Lime app prior to purchase. In order to start a ride using a pass, there must be a positive Lime Cash balance in your wallet.
Can I renew a Ride Pass?
One type of Ride Pass renews: the monthly Unlimited Pass. For other types, you can purchase additional passes at any time.
Ride Pass Terms and Conditions
Ride Pass purchases are non-refundable unless otherwise set forth in the Ride Pass Terms that apply to you. You can find the Ride Pass Terms and applicable refund policy that apply to you by going to the Ride Pass section in your Lime App.
Please note that each Ride Pass:
- is meant solely for personal and individual use. All Ride Pass services are specific to the person who signed up for it and cannot be transferred or shared.
- can be used only within the area it was originally purchased in, as highlighted in your app.
- cannot be used for any commercial purposes (e.g. delivery, etc.)
- cannot be combined with any other programs such as Lime Access or Group Rides.
Lime monitors Ride Pass usage and reserves the right to revoke, suspend or otherwise block any pass at any time, with or without notice, prejudice, and/or refund, for any reason, including, without limitation, suspicious behavior and violating the terms and conditions for Ride Pass stated above.
For more information about our Lime Prime subscription option, refer to What is Lime Prime?