Wearing a helmet
- Wearing a helmet is required while riding a Lime moped. Before each ride starts, riders must confirm their helmet is on and fastened.
- Failure to comply could result in suspension of a rider’s account or a ticket depending on the city where you are riding.
- Safety is Lime’s top priority, and to do that we must ensure our riders always have access to helmets when riding our mopeds. If helmets are not returned to the helmet box at the end of your trip, you will be charged a separate $75 helmet replacement fee for each missing helmet.
- Lime team members thoroughly clean and sanitize each helmet with disinfecting spray multiple times per week. We also include disposable hair nets in the helmet case of each moped, which you may use.
- We have enhanced our cleaning methods and increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting our vehicles in response to the Covid-19 pandemic. We are distributing hand sanitizers in our facilities, and all of our operations team members are required to both wear gloves prior to touching vehicles and wash their hands regularly.