Make sure that you have your Bluetooth enabled so that rides can get started quickly and without issue.
Select markets will offer the ability to start a ride with one-tap on the app. If you do not have the option to start with on-tap, follow the steps below.
- Locate a Lime vehicle on the map in the app or on the street.
- Scan the QR code or enter the plate number in the app.
- Note: If you have issues scanning the code, turn on your flashlight to improve the lighting.
If you are riding in San Francisco or Chicago, our scooters require a cable lock. Please refer to Using the Cable Lock for details on how to unlock and lock our scooters
Troubleshooting error messages:
Sometimes you will get an error message in the app.
- If the error is because of a vehicle issue, our team is aware of it and they are on the way to retrieve it. Please try again with a different nearby vehicle.
- If the error is due to a missing payment method, insufficient balance, or a pre-authorization failure, add or update your payment method. Once you have updated your information, try again.